Indian Chicken Salad with Peanuts
If you are short on time, use precooked white meat chicken strips or rotisserie chicken and bottled light sesame-ginger dressing for this recipe.
Resistant Starch: 2g
More From Health
Total: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- 1 cup potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) grilled or baked skinless chicken, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Place potato in a microwave-safe dish. Spray potato with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons water; cover and microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Combine lime juice, oil, honey, and ginger in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 3. Combine potato, lettuce, chicken, peanuts, mint, and cilantro in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss gently to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads