Indian Cabbage Salad (Hara Salaad)
Think of this as a sweet-sour Indian version of coleslaw. Tamarind paste and palm sugar can be found in Asian markets. Substitute brown sugar for palm sugar, if desired.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 71
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Fat: 0.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15.3g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 105mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 1/2 cup whole pitted dates, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon packed palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine pitted dates and coleslaw in a large bowl.
- Combine hot water and tamarind paste in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Stir in yogurt, sugar, and salt. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss well. Chill 30 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note