Indian Butter Chicken
Fabulous dish that always gets rave reviews
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 onion minced
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 can(s) 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 can(s) condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayene
- 1 teaspoon(s) garam masala
- 1 1/2 pound(s) chicken breasts (skinless) chunked
- 2 tablespoon(s) veg oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) tandoori seasoning
- 1 cup(s) yogurt
- 1/2 lemon
- 1. cut up chicken, then put in dish with yogurt, lemon juice and marinate 2 hr to over night.
- 2. oil or butter an saute onions over med heat until caramelizing and then remove from heat and stir in garlic.
- 3. add tomato sauce, can of condensed milk salt, cayenne and garam masala bring to simmer for 30 min
- 4. while sauce is simmering remove chick breast pieces from marinate and coat with veg oil and lightly saute until no longer pink in the center. Add to the large sauce pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over basmati rice and with naan bread. You can add almost any veg to sauce and cook for the last 5 to 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Denniskindschi and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note