Ina Garten's Filet of Beef
Community Recipe from
- 4-5 pound(s) filet of beef, trimmed & tied
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter room temp
- 1 tablespoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) pepper coarse ground
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place beef on baking sheet and pat the outside dry with a paper towel. Spread butter on with your hands. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for exactly 22 min. for rare and 25 min. for med. rare.
- Remove meat from oven, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest at room temp for 20 minutes. slice thickly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JillGinder and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ina Garten's Filet of Beef Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes