Iced Hibiscus Tea
Yield: Makes 2 quarts
- 7 cups water, divided
- 1 cup firmly packed hibiscus flowers*
- 1 cup sugar
- Bring 6 cups water and hibiscus flowers to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar.
- Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, discarding hibiscus flowers. Stir in remaining 1 cup water. Serve over ice.
- *6 regular-size Red Zinger tea bags may be substituted for 1 cup hibiscus flowers.
- Note: Hibiscus flowers may be found in Mexican or Latin supermarkets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages