Iced Carrot Cookies
These too-cute sugar cookies make quite a statement with their carrot and citrus-infused flavors. Bake them with your kids for a fun afternoon activity together.
Yield: Makes 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup carrot, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops almond extract
- Citrus Icing:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange or lemon zest
- Blend together butter and sugar; add egg and carrots. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in extracts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, or until just lightly golden. Let cookies cool.
- To prepare Citrus Icing: blend butter and powdered sugar. Add juice and zest; mix well. Frost cookies with Citrus Icing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies