This is wonderful! I think I'd liken it to a cheesecake mousse - you get all the flavor without all the weight. I lightened it with low fat cream cheese, sugar free Cool Whip, and only about 3/4 cup sugar instead of the full cup. It disappeared in just a couple minutes! A wonderful choice for hot summer days. (I didn't have the necessary ingredients for the fruit topping, but whatever you have on hand will work out fine since the fruit's not the star of this recipe. I did a spoonful of orange marmalade + a little brown sugar + a little vanilla, microwaved together, then poured over 12 oz frozen mixed fruit that was thawed and drained.)
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8-oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 baked Butter Cookie Crust or
- baked Pretzel Crust
- 4 cups assorted fresh berries, pitted cherries, or sliced fruit
- 1/2 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Fold in whipped topping and vanilla; spoon into prepared crust. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- 2. Arrange fruit over cream cheese filling. Stir together jam and liqueur; drizzle over fruit.
- Mascarpone Pie: Substitute 1 (8-oz.) container mascarpone cheese for cream cheese, 1/4 cup granulated sugar for powdered sugar, 2 cups whipped cream for whipped topping, and 1 baked Chocolate Butter Cookie Crust for Butter Cookie Crust. Prepare recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This