Ice Cream with Raspberry Sauce and Chocolate
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.72
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 408
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 109g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 266mg
- 2 cups fresh or 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, for shaving
- 4 thick slices homemade or store-bought pound cake
- 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- Rinse and drain fresh berries. (Thaw frozen berries according to package directions.) Set a large, sturdy sieve over a bowl and put raspberries in sieve. Using back of a spoon, force raspberries through holes in sieve, removing all stems and seeds as you go. (You should end up with 2/3 cup to 1 cup raspberry puree.) Stir in sugar and lemon juice.
- Using large holes of a grater, make small chocolate shavings. If you prefer larger curls, use a vegetable peeler.
- Place slices of pound cake on individual serving plates and top each with a scoop of ice cream. Pour a small amount of raspberry sauce over ice cream and sprinkle chocolate shavings all around. Serve with remaining sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note