this is way better than I ever expected. SSSOOOOOO Yummy. It is going in my 5 star make again and I actually will be making it again tomorrow for thanksgiving!
Ice Cream Treasures
Use any combination of cereals you like. This frozen dessert would also be delicious with chocolate ice cream and chopped walnuts instead of almonds.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 265
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 41.7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 194mg
- Calcium: 156mg
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) chocolate-covered English toffee candy bars (such as Heath), crushed
- 8 cups vanilla reduced-fat ice cream (such as Healthy Choice), softened
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal squares, crushed (such as Rice Chex)
- 2 cups whole-grain toasted oat cereal (such as Cheerios)
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Stir crushed candy into ice cream. Cover and freeze until ready to use.
- Combine cereals, brown sugar, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Press half of cereal mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Let ice cream stand at room temperature 20 minutes or until softened. Spread softened ice cream mixture over cereal mixture; top evenly with remaining cereal mixture. Cover and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note