These are better if you brown the waffle and let is cool. If you use a waffle iron it is easy to brown the waffle and make it pliable. I can get 4 waffle pieces at a time if I use my iron. This is better that toasting them 2 at a time or 4 at a time because they are fresh and you can add whatever ingredients you like.
The next time you want tacos, make them the dessert kind! These sweet treats are stuffed with ice cream, drizzled with hot fudge and finished with a cherry on top.
Yield: Serves 8.
- 8 frozen round waffles, thawed
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce, warmed
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems
- Warm waffles; do not toast. Gently fold each waffle in half; set in a 13"x9" baking dish, open-side up, keeping the rows tight so taco shape is maintained.
- Combine ice cream and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl; spoon evenly into waffle shells. Cover and freeze until firm. Before serving, drizzle with warmed hot fudge sauce and top each with a cherry.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts