These are better if you brown the waffle and let is cool. If you use a waffle iron it is easy to brown the waffle and make it pliable. I can get 4 waffle pieces at a time if I use my iron. This is better that toasting them 2 at a time or 4 at a time because they are fresh and you can add whatever ingredients you like.
Photo: Oxmoor House
The next time you want tacos, make them the dessert kind! These sweet treats are stuffed with ice cream, drizzled with hot fudge and finished with a cherry on top.
Yield: Serves 8.
- 8 frozen round waffles, thawed
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce, warmed
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems
- Warm waffles; do not toast. Gently fold each waffle in half; set in a 13"x9" baking dish, open-side up, keeping the rows tight so taco shape is maintained.
- Combine ice cream and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl; spoon evenly into waffle shells. Cover and freeze until firm. Before serving, drizzle with warmed hot fudge sauce and top each with a cherry.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts