There is no way that a 9 inch pie feeds 8 people -- not in our house. At the most, we would get 6 slices. If you are being cost conscious, don't buy the gourmet brand ice cream in those tiny containers. They're like $4.50 a pint. Buy ice cream on sale, and learn to make caramel sauce. Caramel sauce is cheap and easy to make once you get the hang of it -- and you also get bragging rights. I am giving this recipe 2 stars, because it is really just assembling store bought items. I would rather serve a fast and easy ice cream sundae with pizzaz -- than a plain jane pie of vanilla ice cream and squeezy toppings that takes hours to freeze.
Ice Cream Sundae Pie
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $2.01
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 484
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 189g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 299mg
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. fudge sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Use a large spoon to scoop 1 pint ice cream into thin, flat scoops, and then spread on bottom of crust. Smooth with back of spoon. Spread 1/2 cup caramel sauce over ice cream. Freeze pie until solid, 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove frozen pie from freezer and top with another 1/2 pint ice cream; spread evenly over caramel. Spread 1/2 cup fudge sauce over ice cream. Freeze pie until solid, 30 minutes to 2 hours. Remove frozen pie and top with final 1/2 pint ice cream. Drizzle remaining 2 Tbsp. each caramel and fudge sauce over pie. Freeze pie until solid, 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, whip heavy cream and confectioners' sugar until firm peaks form. Transfer whipped cream to a plastic bag and snip off a 1/4-inch tip with scissors. Pipe whipped cream around edge of pie. Freeze until ready to serve. Serve with additional whipped cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts