Brownie Ice Cream Sundae Cake
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 14 Minutes
Cool: 30 Minutes
Freeze: 3 Hours
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Simple Butterscotch Sauce
- 1 half-gallon container (8 cups) vanilla ice cream, softened
- Simple Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 1 (9-inch) round cake pan and 1 (9-inch) springform pan, and set aside.
- 2. Combine chocolate and butter in a large saucepan over low heat; cook, stirring frequently, until melted. Let cool to room temperature.
- 3. Stir sugar, eggs, and vanilla into chocolate mixture. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into chocolate mixture.
- 4. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake 14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center emerges with moist crumbs clinging. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5. Pour half of Simple Butterscotch Sauce over cake baked in springform pan. Spoon 4 cups ice cream evenly over butterscotch sauce. Remove cake from round cake pan, and place on top of ice cream, pressing gently. Pour over remaining butterscotch sauce; top evenly with remaining ice cream. Freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- 6. Run a knife around edge of springform pan, and release cake. Place on a serving plate. Pour Simple Hot Fudge Sauce on top of cake; sprinkle with nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note