Great idea. This will go perfectly with my daughter's ice-cream themed party. I found great party supplies from Party All Ready (http://www.partyallready.com/birthday-party-supplies/girl-party-supplies/ice-cream-party-supplies.html) and this sweet treat will make a great addition! Thanks for the idea.
Ice-Cream Cone Cakes
Photo: Oxmoor House
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 10 flat-bottomed ice-cream cones
- Optional: colored sprinkles, 10 maraschino cherries with stems
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat at low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in vanilla. Add egg white, mixing well.
- Fill cones to within 1/2 inch of the top; carefully place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes; cool completely on wire racks. Spread evenly with Frosting. Top with colored sprinkles and a cherry, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings