- 3 (3-ounce) packages ladyfingers, split lengthwise
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened and divided
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 (8 1/4-ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- Whipped cream
- Fresh whole strawberries
How to Make It
Line bottom and sides of a 9- inch spring form pan with ladyfingers; set aside.
Combine 1 quart softened ice cream and orange juice concentrate in a medium mixing bowl, stirring well. Spoon mixture evenly into pan. Freeze.
Place raspberries in a medium saucepan; cook until thoroughly heated, stirring to crush berries. Strain, discarding seeds. Place raspberries, pineapple, and lemon juice in container of an electric blender. Process until smooth. Pour mixture into a medium mixing bowl; freeze until partially set. Beat at medium speed of an electric mixer 1 minute; spoon evenly over frozen ice cream mixture. Freeze.
Combine remaining ice cream, pistachio nuts, cherries, and flavorings in a large mixing bowl, stirring well. Spoon evenly over frozen raspberry mixture. Freeze overnight.
Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving, and place in refrigerator. Remove sides of spring form pan; place cake on a serving platter. Garnish with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.