- 20-oz. bag frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- About 22 chocolate licorice shoelaces
- 1 bottle
- 16 white-chocolate chips
How to Make It
Puree strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice: Blend on medium speed until smooth. Refrigerate until serving time.
To make "bodies," place cookies on a waxed-paper-lined baking sheet. Put a small scoop of ice cream on top of each cookie and freeze until hard, about 30 minutes.
Remove bodies from freezer and poke 3-inch pieces of licorice into sides for legs. If ice cream is very hard, poke holes with a toothpick first. Freeze for a few minutes to harden.
Cover bodies with thick layer of chocolate sauce. Before sauce hardens, press 2 chocolate chips onto front of each one for eyes. Freeze again until ready to serve.
Pour strawberry puree onto plate; put spider in center.