This recipe is exquisite. i cooked this recipe last year for my boyfriend and his relatives. they absolutely loved it especially my boyfriend. =) i'm planning to cook this again for him on our 26th month anniversary =)
I Love You Fettuccine with Shrimp
When Ana Maria Osorio's special dinner guest asked for the name of the dish she had just served him, she responded, "I Love You Very Much." He was delighted.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 664
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 73g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Sodium: 349mg
- Cholesterol: 289mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (5 to 6 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 pound shrimp (51 to 60 per lb.), peeled, deveined, and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian or curly parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine
- 1. In a covered 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat, frequently stir oil, onion, and garlic until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add cream and tomatoes (with juice) to frying pan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp and stir often until pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- 4. When shrimp is in pan, add fettuccine to boiling water and cook just until pasta is tender to bite, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well; return pasta to pan.
- 5. Stir shrimp mixture with pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes