- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (5 to 6 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 pound shrimp (51 to 60 per lb.), peeled, deveined, and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian or curly parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine
- calories 664
- caloriesfromfat 35 %
- protein 34 g
- fat 26 g
- satfat 13 g
- carbohydrate 73 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- sodium 349 mg
- cholesterol 289 mg
How to Make It
In a covered 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil.
Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat, frequently stir oil, onion, and garlic until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
Add cream and tomatoes (with juice) to frying pan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp and stir often until pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and keep warm.
When shrimp is in pan, add fettuccine to boiling water and cook just until pasta is tender to bite, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well; return pasta to pan.
Stir shrimp mixture with pasta.