Hushpuppy Battered Catfish Nuggets With Spicy Tartar Sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) package hushpuppy mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sliced jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups CRISCO Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/4 pounds U.S. FARM-RAISED CATFISH fillets (about 4 fillets)
- VIVA Paper Towels
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Spicy Tartar Sauce
- Stir together first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat (oil should be to a depth of 1/2 inch in skillet); heat oil to 350°.
- Pat catfish dry with paper towels, and cut into bite-size pieces. Dredge catfish pieces in flour, and then dip in hushpuppy batter mixture. Drop catfish pieces into hot oil, and fry, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve with Spicy Tartar Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hushpuppy Battered Catfish Nuggets With Spicy Tartar Sauce Recipe at a Glance