Total Time: 35 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- vegetable oil
- 1.5 cup(s) self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 0.75 cup(s) self-rising flour
- 0.75 cup(s) sweet onion diced
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1.25 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1. Pour oil to depth of 3 inches
- into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
- Combine cornmeal and next
- 3 ingredients. Add egg and
- buttermilk; stir just until moistened.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Drop batter by rounded
- tablespoonfuls into hot oil, and
- fry. in 3 batches, 2 to 3 minutes
- on each side or until golden.
- Keep warm in a 200° oven.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JanetDMiller and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hush Puppies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers