Yield: about 3 dozen
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Combine first 5 ingredients; add buttermilk and eggs, stirring well.
- Carefully drop batter by tablespoonfuls into deep hot oil (370°); cook only a few at a time, turning once. Fry 3 minutes or until hush puppies are golden brown. Drain well on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables