- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Combine first 5 ingredients; add buttermilk and eggs, stirring well.
- Carefully drop batter by tablespoonfuls into deep hot oil (370°); cook only a few at a time, turning once. Fry 3 minutes or until hush puppies are golden brown. Drain well on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note