I made these today along with Fried Fish, Shrimp, Crab Cakes & Fries.. They were DELICIOUS, my family loved them! I've tried several recipes prior and kept on searching for better.. This is IT! I've printed the recipe and will add it to my cookbook. THANKS!
- 1/2 cup reserved flour from Jack's Catfish or 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together egg and buttermilk; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in onion.
- Pour oil into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, and heat to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil, and fry in batches 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads