Hurry-Up Crescent Rolls
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine yeast and warm water in a 1-cup liquid measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine biscuit mix and sugar in a large bowl; gradually stir in yeast mixture.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes).
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle; cut circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges, beginning at wide end; place, point side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 425° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- NOTE: Rolls may be frozen up to 2 months. Bake at 425º for 5 minutes; cool. Warp in aluminum foil, and freeze in an airtight container. Thaw at room temperature on a lightly greased baking sheet; bake at 425º for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hurry-Up Crescent Rolls Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Rice/Grains
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Birthdays/Anniversaries, Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes for Breads