Hungarian Little Nut Rolls
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 c. creamed shortening
- 5 eggs beaten until light and fluffy
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 sm cakes of yeast
- 1 c lukewarm milk
- 5 c flour
- For the filling
- 1 pound ground walnuts
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- Disolve the yeast cakes in milk,
- mix shortening eggs salt and flour and lastly the vanilla
- beat together really well Batter will be soft.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours
- Pinch off the dough and roll in sugarkinda of lika a pie dough but square. Cut into about 1 inch squares. Mix the nuts sugar and butter together adding a bit of milk to make pliable put some filling into the center of the square and pull 2 ends together overlapping like a triangle Bake 15 minutes at 375
This recipe is a personal recipe added by toningary and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note