Hungarian Little Nut Rolls
These are very European and delicious. New York and New Jersey bakeries sell them for all the weddings.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 c. creamed shortening
- 5 eggs beaten until light and fluffy
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 sm cakes of yeast
- 1 c lukewarm milk
- 5 c flour
- For the filling
- 1 pound ground walnuts
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- Disolve the yeast cakes in milk,
- mix shortening eggs salt and flour and lastly the vanilla
- beat together really well Batter will be soft.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours
- Pinch off the dough and roll in sugarkinda of lika a pie dough but square. Cut into about 1 inch squares. Mix the nuts sugar and butter together adding a bit of milk to make pliable put some filling into the center of the square and pull 2 ends together overlapping like a triangle Bake 15 minutes at 375
This recipe is a personal recipe added by toningary and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note