Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 pound(s) beef chuck or 2 lbs beef round steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 large potatoes cut into cubes - do not add until final 1/2 hour of cooking
- 2 carrots sliced - do not add until final 1/2 hour of cooking
- 1 cup(s) sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 2 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1 dash(es) red cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 3 cup(s) hot cooked buttered noodles
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add beef, onion and garlic; cook and stir until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire, sugar, salt, paprika, mustard, cayenne and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cover; simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Blend flour and 1/4 cup water; stir gradually into meat mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve over noodles.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes