- 2 tablespoons hot Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound extralean beef stew meat (beef round chunks)
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 2 cups diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or less-sodium beef broth
- 1 (8-ounce) can no salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- calories 286
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 7.8 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- protein 18.4 g
- carbohydrate 35.9 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- cholesterol 68 mg
- iron 3.8 mg
- sodium 276 mg
- calcium 43 mg
How to Make It
Place paprika in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Remove from pan, and set aside.
Heat oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion; sauté 4 minutes. Add toasted paprika, red wine, tomato sauce, and salt. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
Combine beef broth, water, and flour, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add flour mixture to pan; cover and cook 1 hour and 30 minutes or until slightly thick and beef is tender, stirring occasionally.
About 15 minutes before beef mixture is done, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Stir sour cream into beef mixture. Serve beef mixture over hot pasta.