I made this as written and it was delicious! I served over extra wide egg noodles. My three year old daughter, one year old son, and husband all wanted seconds!
Hungarian Chicken with Smoked Paprika
Brown the chicken first in a skillet, then simmer in a slow cooker along with bell pepper, onion and tomato, Season with smoked paprika and serve over noodles for a one-dish dinner.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 851
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 66g
- Carbohydrate: 100g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 168mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped, with 1/2 cup juice reserved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon picante Spanish smoked paprika or 1 1/2 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 (3 lb.) chicken, quartered and skinned
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 pound tagliatelle pasta
- Place peppers, onion, tomatoes, juice, 1/2 cup chicken broth, garlic and paprika in a slow cooker.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and brown all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker. Pour remaining 1/2 cup broth in skillet; scrape bottom of pan to incorporate browned bits. Pour liquid into slow cooker and cook on high setting for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and let cool. Remove meat from bones and return to slow cooker; discard bones. Stir in sour cream.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss with remaining 2 tsp. oil. Serve chicken over pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This