- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped, with 1/2 cup juice reserved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon picante Spanish smoked paprika or 1 1/2 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 (3 lb.) chicken, quartered and skinned
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 pound tagliatelle pasta
- calories 851
- fat 19 g
- satfat 4 g
- protein 66 g
- carbohydrate 100 g
- fiber 8 g
- cholesterol 168 mg
- sodium 2 mg
How to Make It
Place peppers, onion, tomatoes, juice, 1/2 cup chicken broth, garlic and paprika in a slow cooker.
In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and brown all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker. Pour remaining 1/2 cup broth in skillet; scrape bottom of pan to incorporate browned bits. Pour liquid into slow cooker and cook on high setting for 6 hours.
Remove chicken and let cool. Remove meat from bones and return to slow cooker; discard bones. Stir in sour cream.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss with remaining 2 tsp. oil. Serve chicken over pasta.