this is the same as a recipe given to me by my mothe-in-law in 1960. So glad to get it again.
Hungarian Butter Horns with Apricots
Community Recipe from
- 1.5 cup(s) dried apricots grind
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 4 cup(s) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 package(s) yeast
- 1 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 3 eggs separate
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- powdered sugar
- Cook apricots, along with 1/2 c of sugar and water. Cook on low until apricots are tender. Place in refridgerator to cool.
- Once the apricots have cooled separate the eggs. You will be using both, so do not discard the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites and 1 t vanilla with 1 c of sugar added gradually. Beat until stiff peaks form. Place mixture in the refridgerator.
- Sift flour, add salt and yeast. Cut butter into the flour mixture. Add beaten egg yolks, sour cream, and 1 t. vanilla.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls. Dredge a large cutting board with powdered sugar. Roll out your dough ball. Cut a circle using a pie plate. Cut circle into 8 triangles. Brush on the egg white mixture. Add a spoonful of apricots to each triangle. Roll each triangle like crescent rolls.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by wendyc122004 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hungarian Butter Horns with Apricots Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies