Hummus and Grilled-Zucchini Pizzas
Prepared hummus that comes with a scoop of chopped garlic on top (like the kind sold by Sabra) is the secret here: The garlic gets mixed with oil to marinate the zucchini, while the remaining garlic and hummus flavor the whole pizza.
Yield: makes two 12-inch pizzas
More From Food & Wine
Total: 1 Hour
- 1 container (7 ounces) roasted-garlic hummus
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 (medium, 1 1/2 pounds) zucchini, sliced on the diagonal 1/4 inch thick
- 16 ounces pizza dough, divided in two 8-ounce balls
- Set a pizza stone in the oven and heat the oven to 500° for 30 minutes. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Scoop the garlic from the top of the hummus into a small bowl and stir in the 3/4 cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer 3 tablespoons of the garlic oil to a large bowl. Add the zucchini and toss to coat. Whisk the hummus into the remaining garlic oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Working in 2 batches, grill the zucchini slices over high heat until they are lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Brush the zucchini lightly with some of the hummus and grill for 1 minute longer, turning once.
- Lightly rub 2 sheets of parchment paper with oil. Stretch each ball of pizza dough into a 12-inch round on each sheet. Brush each round with one-fourth of the hummus and top with the zucchini. Slide 1 parchment sheet onto the hot stone and bake the pizza for about 8 minutes, until the crust is browned. Transfer the pizza to a work surface and drizzle with some of the remaining hummus. Cut into slices and serve. Repeat with the remaining pizza.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note