this was a nice spin on stuffed eggs! i used the cooking light "creamy hummus" recipe. i only used 2 eggs and 1 yolk, so was experimenting. maybe a little onion powder added in next time. will make again.
Hummus Deviled Eggs
Photo: Dan Goldberg; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 72
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 3.6g
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 1.4g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 118mg
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared (not creamy) horseradish
- 1. Put eggs in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, remove pot from heat, and let sit 14 minutes. Fill a large bowl with ice water. With a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to ice water bath (reserve hot water in pot).
- 2. Cool eggs at least 10 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to transfer eggs back to hot water (to loosen shells) for 10 to 20 seconds. Pat dry and peel.
- 3. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out egg yolks and put them in a medium bowl. Add hummus, olive oil, pepper, salt, and horseradish. Mash mixture together with a fork. Spoon filling into egg white halves, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per egg half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers