this was a nice spin on stuffed eggs! i used the cooking light "creamy hummus" recipe. i only used 2 eggs and 1 yolk, so was experimenting. maybe a little onion powder added in next time. will make again.
Hummus Deviled Eggs
Photo: Dan Goldberg; Styling: Karen Shinto
This easy twist on classic deviled eggs uses no mayonnaise or butter but gets plenty of flavor from hummus and horseradish. This recipe is easily doubled or tripled for a party.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 72
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 3.6g
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 1.4g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 118mg
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared (not creamy) horseradish
- 1. Put eggs in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, remove pot from heat, and let sit 14 minutes. Fill a large bowl with ice water. With a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to ice water bath (reserve hot water in pot).
- 2. Cool eggs at least 10 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to transfer eggs back to hot water (to loosen shells) for 10 to 20 seconds. Pat dry and peel.
- 3. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out egg yolks and put them in a medium bowl. Add hummus, olive oil, pepper, salt, and horseradish. Mash mixture together with a fork. Spoon filling into egg white halves, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per egg half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note