So awesome! I added thinly sliced zucchini to the sauté and cilantro and it was so good I saved recipe to my fav's because I def do not want to forget it!
Hummus "Cheesesteak" Hoagies
Hummus "Cheesesteak" Hoagies are a great option for a quick weeknight supper. Made with yellow onion, red bell pepper, Polano chile, and provolone cheese, these vegetarian sandwiches are very hearty and filling. Serve with Napa Cabbage Slaw.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 18 Minutes
- Calories: 410
- Fat: 20.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 12.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 14.3g
- Carbohydrate: 49.8g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 807mg
- Calcium: 161mg
- 4 (3-ounce) hoagie rolls, split
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup vertically sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced poblano chile
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain hummus
- 4 (1/2-ounce) slices provolone cheese
- Napa Cabbage Slaw
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Hollow out top and bottom halves of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell; reserve torn bread for another use. Place rolls, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until toasted.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper); sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 4. Spread about 1/4 cup hummus over bottom half of each roll; top with 1/2 cup onion mixture and 1 cheese slice. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Top hoagies with top halves of rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note