- 4 (3-ounce) hoagie rolls, split
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup vertically sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced poblano chile
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain hummus
- 4 (1/2-ounce) slices provolone cheese
- Napa Cabbage Slaw
- calories 410
- fat 20.3 g
- satfat 3.3 g
- monofat 12.1 g
- polyfat 3.6 g
- protein 14.3 g
- carbohydrate 49.8 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 10 mg
- iron 3.7 mg
- sodium 807 mg
- calcium 161 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Hollow out top and bottom halves of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell; reserve torn bread for another use. Place rolls, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until toasted.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper); sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Spread about 1/4 cup hummus over bottom half of each roll; top with 1/2 cup onion mixture and 1 cheese slice. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Top hoagies with top halves of rolls.