- 1 (19-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup tahini*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Pita bread, cut into wedges
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer hummus to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate up to 5 days before serving.
To serve, drizzle hummus with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and sprinkle with parsley and toasted pine nuts. Serve with pita wedges.
*Tahini is a popular ingredient used in Middle Eastern cooking. It's a thick paste made from ground sesame seeds. Tahini can be found with the peanut butter or with organic foods at your grocer.