Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- two 1-pound 3-ounce cans chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup well stirred tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil, or to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted lightly
- Accompaniment:Toasted Pita Thins
- print a shopping list for this recipe
- On a cutting board mince and mash the garlic to a paste with the salt. In a food processor purée the chick-peas with the garlic paste, the tahini, the lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the oil, and 1/2 cup water, scraping down the sides, until the hummus is smooth and add salt to taste. Add water, if necessary, to thin the hummus to the desired consistency and transfer the hummus to a bowl. In the food processor, cleaned, purée the remaining 1/4 cup oil with the parsley until the oil is bright green and the parsley is minced transfer the parsley oil to a small jar. The hummus and the parsley oil may be made 3 days in advance and kept covered and chilled. Divide the hummus between shallow serving dishes and smooth the tops. Drizzle the hummus with the parsley oil and sprinkle it with the pine nuts. Serve the hummus with the pita.
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Hummus-101577#ixzz1QcGZMBOr
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hummus Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers