This version of hummus was such a hit that we gave it our highest rating.
Yield: 2 cups
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 (19-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup tahini*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Pita bread, cut into wedges
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer hummus to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate up to 5 days before serving.
- To serve, drizzle hummus with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and sprinkle with parsley and toasted pine nuts. Serve with pita wedges.
- *Tahini is a popular ingredient used in Middle Eastern cooking. It's a thick paste made from ground sesame seeds. Tahini can be found with the peanut butter or with organic foods at your grocer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers