Made these for Christmas Eve and everyone kept going back for more. These are a soft cookie but even my mom who likes her cookies crisp went back for more and kept the few that were left.
Hummingbird Oatmeal Cookies
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 medium-size ripe banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups regular oats
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried pineapple
- Parchment paper
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped dried banana chips
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 to 5 minutes or until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and banana; beat just until blended. Add oats and next 2 ingredients; stir until blended.
- 2. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten each, using a lightly floured flat-bottom glass.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes; transfer to wire racks, and cool.
- 4. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting over half of each cookie (about 1 1/2 tsp. per cookie); sprinkle with banana chips, coconut, and pecans, pressing to adhere.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note