More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream
- Beat eggs at high speed with an electric mixer 5 minutes or until doubled in volume and lemon colored. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until tripled in volume. Stir in flour and next 5 ingredients just until blended.
- Spoon into a greased or aluminum foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan. (A light- colored metal pan works best.)
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until golden. (Torte will puff up and then fall.) Run a knife around edge of pan while still warm. Cut into 3-inch squares. Serve with whipped cream.
- Note: We lined the pan with Reynold's Wrap Release Non-Stick Aluminum Foil for easier cleanup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note