Could easily prepare the salsa the night before and have these for a quick breakfast. Serving size is impossibly small; my teenager required a whole burrito and my poor husband looked so sad when I had to split ours (he'll get over it). I might add some diced avocado next time. Really good.
Huevos Rancheros Wraps
More From Cooking Light
Total: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 182
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 10.8g
- Carbohydrate: 15.1g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 193mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 453mg
- Calcium: 115mg
- 1/3 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/3 cup lower-sodium canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1. Place corn in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Stir in beans, tomato, onions, cilantro, jalapeño, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and eggs in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add egg mixture to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add cheese; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- 3. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide egg mixture evenly between tortillas; top evenly with corn mixture. Roll up each burrito, jelly-roll fashion. Cut each burrito in half.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note