This is really very tasty for a meal that came together so quickly. The amounts of cilantro and jalapeno were spot on, providing flavor an heat without overwhelming. You can read my full review at Taking On Magazines: http://bit.ly/17K0TPF
Huevos Rancheros Wraps
The night before: Make salsa.
In the morning: Cook eggs. Make burritos.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 182
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 10.8g
- Carbohydrate: 15.1g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 193mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 453mg
- Calcium: 115mg
- 1/3 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/3 cup lower-sodium canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1. Place corn in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Stir in beans, tomato, onions, cilantro, jalapeño, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and eggs in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add egg mixture to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add cheese; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- 3. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide egg mixture evenly between tortillas; top evenly with corn mixture. Roll up each burrito, jelly-roll fashion. Cut each burrito in half.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note