- 1/3 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/3 cup lower-sodium canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- calories 182
- fat 8.8 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 10.8 g
- carbohydrate 15.1 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 193 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 453 mg
- calcium 115 mg
How to Make It
Place corn in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Stir in beans, tomato, onions, cilantro, jalapeño, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and eggs in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add egg mixture to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add cheese; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide egg mixture evenly between tortillas; top evenly with corn mixture. Roll up each burrito, jelly-roll fashion. Cut each burrito in half.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.