Quick, easy, a nice change up for dinner. Served with sliced avocado, tomato, and cucumber salad.
Huevos Rancheros with Queso Fresco
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 340
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 15.7g
- Carbohydrate: 37.8g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 222mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 970mg
- Calcium: 153mg
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Combine the tomatoes and enchilada sauce in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and juice. Set aside.
- Place water and beans in a microwave-safe bowl, and partially mash with a fork. Cover and microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until hot.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook 1 minute on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread about 1/3 cup beans over each tortilla; top each tortilla with 1 egg. Spoon 1/2 cup sauce around each egg; sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup cheese.
Queso fresco is a soft, crumbly Mexican cheese found in the dairy section of large grocery stores or Hispanic markets, but use feta or goat cheese if you prefer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This