- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled queso fresco cheese
- calories 340
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 9.8 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 15.7 g
- carbohydrate 37.8 g
- fiber 6.1 g
- cholesterol 222 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 970 mg
- calcium 153 mg
How to Make It
Combine the tomatoes and enchilada sauce in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and juice. Set aside.
Place water and beans in a microwave-safe bowl, and partially mash with a fork. Cover and microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until hot.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook 1 minute on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread about 1/3 cup beans over each tortilla; top each tortilla with 1 egg. Spoon 1/2 cup sauce around each egg; sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup cheese.
Queso fresco is a soft, crumbly Mexican cheese found in the dairy section of large grocery stores or Hispanic markets, but use feta or goat cheese if you prefer.