We love Huevos Rancheros for brunch or supper. Thanks to the slow cooker, this Mexican favorite is ready when you are.
Makes 6 Servings
1. Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove sausage from skillet using a slotted spoon; reserve drippings in skillet. Spoon sausage into a 6-qt. oval-shaped slow cooker. Sauté bell pepper mix in drippings over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans, cumin, and oregano; spoon over sausage in cooker.
2. Meanwhile, tear 4 tortillas into pieces; stir into bean mixture in cooker. Cover and cook on High 3 hours.
3. Make 6 indentations in top of bean mixture in slow cooker, using back of a spoon. Break eggs, one at a time, into a measuring cup; slip eggs, one at a time, into indentations. Cover and cook on High 20 to 30 minutes or until eggs are desired degree of doneness. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Turn off slow cooker; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°. Arrange remaining 6 tortillas on a large baking sheet. Coat both sides with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 10 to 11 minutes. Stir together pico de gallo, 1/4 cup cilantro, and hot sauce.
5. Place tortillas on a platter. Top each tortilla with bean mixture, egg, and pico de gallo mixture.