This is a super-easy recipe that my wife and I love to make when we're enjoying a long weekend in a rented mountain cabin. Often we'll have some leftover steak from the night before as a side.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 277
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 19.2g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 8.6g
- Cholesterol: 226mg
- Iron: 6.6mg
- Sodium: 483mg
- Calcium: 185mg
- 1 (14.5-ounce ) can no-salt-added tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet; stir well, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer the tomato mixture for 10 minutes.
- Break each egg into a custard cup, and slip eggs from cups into tomato mixture. Cover and simmer for 6 minutes or until the eggs are done. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Spoon half of the tomato mixture onto each of 2 plates, and top with eggs. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 tablespoon green onions over each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note