- Pastry for 1 double-crust (9-inch) pie
- 4 cups fresh huckleberries or blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Roll half of pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Chill remaining pastry.
- Place huckleberries in pastry shell. Combine 3/4 cup sugar and flour; spoon mixture evenly over berries. Sprinkle with lemon rind and juice. Dot with butter.
- Roll remaining pastry to 1/8- inch thickness, and place over filling. Trim edges; seal and flute. Cut slits in top pastry to allow steam to escape. Brush top crust (not fluted edge) with whipping cream; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; continue baking 20 to 25 minutes. (Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent over browning, if necessary.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This