- Pastry for 1 double-crust (9-inch) pie
- 4 cups fresh huckleberries or blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Roll half of pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Chill remaining pastry.
- Place huckleberries in pastry shell. Combine 3/4 cup sugar and flour; spoon mixture evenly over berries. Sprinkle with lemon rind and juice. Dot with butter.
- Roll remaining pastry to 1/8- inch thickness, and place over filling. Trim edges; seal and flute. Cut slits in top pastry to allow steam to escape. Brush top crust (not fluted edge) with whipping cream; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; continue baking 20 to 25 minutes. (Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent over browning, if necessary.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note