- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh huckleberries, washed and drained
How to Make It
Combine butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder, and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in lemon juice. Dredge huckleberries in remaining 1/2 cup flour; gently fold into batter.
Spoon batter into a waxed paper - lined and greased 9- x 5- x 3 - inch loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; serve warm .