How To Prepare Fresh Turnips
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4 medium turnips
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- To Clean: Turnips must be peeled before cooking. Scrub and peel thin layers. Cut in thin slices or cubes as directed in recipe.
- To Boil: Cut turnips into 1/4- inch cubes. Place in a saucepan, and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook 15 minutes or until turnips are tender; drain. Mash, if desired. Season with butter, salt, and pepper.
- Other Cooking Methods: Bake; deep-fry; steam.
- Serving Suggestions: Turnips may be served with any of the following: Almond Butter, Dill Sauce, Drawn Butter, French Dressing, Horseradish Sauce, Lemon-Butter Sauce, Mustard Dip Sauce, or any sour cream or white sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables