How To Prepare Fresh Cucumbers
- 3 medium-size fresh cucumbers
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- To Clean: Fresh garden cucumbers may be washed for cooking or for salads without peeling. Large, waxed, out-of-season cucumbers should be peeled since the skin is unpleasant to eat, and seeds should be scraped out with a spoon. Cucumbers maybe cut into halves, or quarters, or thinly sliced, as directed in recipe.
- To Sauté: Cut cucumbers into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cucumbers and sauté, stirring constantly, until just tender. Season with salt, pepper, and additional butter, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Other Cooking Methods: Parboil, and then stuff and bake; batter and deep-fry; steam.
- Serving Suggestions: Sautéed cucumbers may be served with any hollandaise, sour cream, or white sauce. Fresh cucumbers may be thinly sliced and served raw with any of the following: Basil Vinegar, Chive Vinegar, Cream Mint Spread, Dill Sauce, French Dressing, Homemade Mayonnaise, or Oil and Lemon Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables