How to Cook with a wow Traditional Greek Spanakopita
Learn how to cook food with a "WOW". Easily cook food with our healthy recipes you can find suggestions, cooking tips and ingredients that you can use with or on your food. You can also find locations, markets and the best prices based on my personal research, local and imported. Follow us at chefandrecipes.com
Yield: 1 serving ( Serving Size: 4 people )
Community Recipe from
- 2kg Fresh Spinach
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Â¾ cup Dill finely chopped
- 1 Â½ cups Parsley finely chopped
- 1 cup Mint finely chopped
- 2 cups Leeks chopped
- Â¾ cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 1 pound Phillo Pastry Sheets
- 1 each Fresh Egg
- Salt & Pepper to tastes
- Over medium-high heat sauté leeks until they are soft. Once the leeks are soft add spinach and continue to cook. Once the spinach is wilted add the dill, parsley, mint, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Once fully cooked, remove from heat and strain through a colander to fully drain for 3 – 4 hours. When preparing to assemble the scramble the egg and mix thoroughly into the spinach and herb mixture.
- Best to begin assembling the spanakopita with all ingredients at room temperature except for the feta cheese, it must remain cold. Combine the spinach and herb mixture with the crumbled feta cheese. Brush the bottom and sides of a baking pan with oil and arrange half of the phyllo sheets on the bottom of the pan and brush the top sheet with oil. Spoon the spinach and herb mixture evenly over the phyllo. Arrange the other half of phyllo sheet over the top of the spinach, brushing the top layer with oil. Bake in the oven preheated for 350°F for 45 minutes or until golden brown. When finished, remove from oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by chefandrecipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes