- 16 (1-ounce) veal cutlets
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
How to Make It
Sprinkle cutlets and cucumber slices with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour. Sauté veal and cucumber in oil until browned on both sides; remove from skillet. Discard pan drippings.
Stir wine, parsley, lemon juice and capers into skillet; cook over low heat 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in butter; simmer 5 minutes. Place veal and cucumbers in skillet; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Arrange cutlets and cucumber slices on a serving platter; spoon sauce over top.