Hotel Roanoke Steak Diane
- 2 (4-ounce) filets mignons, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine
- Pound steaks to 1/4-inch thickness; set aside.
- Sauté onion and mushrooms in butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add steaks; cook 1 minute on each side.
- Heat brandy in a small pan until just warm. Pour over steaks; ignite with a long match. When flames die down, remove steaks; set aside.
- Add mustard, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce to mushroom mixture; blend well. Return steaks to skillet; add wine. Simmer over low heat 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks to a warm serving plate; pour wine sauce over steaks. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes